Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 1 - The Good, the Bad, and the Broken


I just got my CR-48 delivered to my front door step. I have been waiting for it to arrive all day, and have been strung along all day by any moderately loud vehicle that drove by, fooling me into thinking it was the delivery truck.

Opening the box was a few moments of untempered bliss. The clever drawing on the box, the packaging itself; it was opening a Christmas present, and it was good.




The pictures you've all seen (here or elsewhere) don't do the hardware justice. This laptop is thin, much, much thinner then I expected. The bottom half is almost exactly the size of the VGA jacked into it. This laptop looks amazing and feels amazing, no doubt about it.



I had my phone out, video taping it for your viewing pleasure.

 I set the battery in, turned it over, opened it up.... and nothing. There was a light on the power button, and nothing else.

Well, it's been out in the cold, right? I decided to let it get to warm temperature and plug in the power, to get it fully charged.

I finally managed to get it running on an external monitor, but hopefully this will only be termporary. It would be a shame to only use a laptop on an external monitor until they send me a new one or whatever they will do.

That said, the hardware feels and looks good, hopefully I can get it all working. The OS itself? I've only had a few minutes, but it's pretty much exactly what you'd expect: Chrome, full screen. I haven't really dug in yet, but everything's behaving well and snappy.

Anyhow, that's all for these first thoughts. I'l write some more in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment